Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Brothers Grimm (Crane) Unit

This week, I read the first half of the Brothers Grimm Crane Unit.  It contains the stories of The Fisherman and his Wife, Aschenputtel (a.k.a. Cinderella), and The Robber Bridegroom. All of these tales are so amazing, but there was only one that I would like to incorporate into my storybook. 

The Robber Bridegroom is a very dark and evil story, even for the Grimm brothers.  I think that it would be a great story to use since there is such a clear villain and so many ways that I could tweak the story for my purposes.  Charlotte could be the bride, the old woman, the bird, or any number of other characters in the story.  She could even be one of the robber-cannibals if I really want to make it interesting!  I am definitely going to use this story in my book. 

I’m really excited to start writing it, even though I plan on using one of the more well-known stories first.  I think it will be very interesting to see how Charlotte fits into this story!

Old Woman and Bride Escaping. Source: Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment