Thursday, September 10, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Brothers Grimm (Librivox) Unit

I decided to follow up on my idea of reading all the Grimm units over the course of the semester by finishing the Grimm Librivox Unit.  Overall, I did not read much in this half-unit that I may use in the future.  However, there were a few things as well as one story that I love.

In The Twelve Huntsman, a group of nearly identical woman dress up as men and present themselves to a prince, who was once the love of the princess who called the group together.  I love the idea of women dressing as men to fool those around them.  I especially like the idea of them so easily fooling someone that they love, or even family.

Jorinda and Jorindel seemed like a story that I could use for either of my Grimm storybook ideas.  I could use the old fairy for my Misunderstood Villains idea, or the story overall for the My Grimm Brothers storybook.  I’m not sure yet though.


There was one story in this unit that is near and dear to my heart.  The Twelve Dancing Princesses is a story that I grew up reading.  In fact, I still have the illustrated book that I had as a kid.  It is one of my FAVORITE stories from my childhood.  On another note, it could be an interesting idea for the My Grimm Brothers storybook…

The Twelve Dancing Princesses Book Cover. Source: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment