Sunday, September 27, 2015

Reading Diary B: The Monkey King Sun Wu Kung

The remainder of The Monkey King Sun Wu Kung unit went by rather quickly.  I did not find it nearly as interesting as the beginning of the unit, although that may be because of the synopses at the end of the unit.  I did not find anything that I would want to use in my storybook, although I may use the extreme arrogance of the Monkey King in some of my future weekly stories.

No particular story drew my attention, nor did any of the new characters that were introduced.  The settings were the same and the plot was simply a continuation of the beginning of the story, so there was little for me to draw from.


Overall, the unit was very interesting and a blast to read.  The adventures were so dramatic and fantastical that I just couldn’t stop reading.  However, the stories were not of the type-- in either character setting or plot line-- for what I am thinking to use in my own storybook.  That is, not including the arrogance of the king being translated into the Grimm Brothers!

Huangshan Mountain. Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment