Monday, September 21, 2015

Reading Diary B: Twenty-Two Goblins

The remainder of the Twenty-Two Goblins unit was just as entertaining as the first half! I loved these riddling stories and they definitely got my mind turning.  I solved a few more in this section than I did in the previous one, so maybe I redeemed myself a little bit!

Father and Son, Daughter and Mother (a.k.a. The Father and Son who married Daughter and Mother.  What relation were their children?) was probably my favorite story from this half-unit.  It really got me thinking and I spent a few minutes at the end of the story trying to figure it out.  I was kind of miffed that I wasn’t given an answer to be honest!

I still didn’t really find anything in these stories that I thought I would be able to work into my Storybook.  None of the characters or settings really stuck with me and for my storybook, none of the tales themselves will work. 


However, I definitely enjoyed reading these stories.  It was quite possibly one of my favorite units so far.  I love stories that keep the brain working and don’t allow you to drift into Never Never Land while you’re reading them! It’s great to stay engaged with a story from start to finish, which is rare for me, even though I am an avid reader!

Goblin. Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment