Sunday, October 11, 2015

Reflections: Looking Back

Time Flies. Source: Wikimedia Commons

Wow, half of the semester has already gone by and I feel like I just started the year!  I can’t believe how much I’ve already done this semester, especially in this class alone! I’ve started a blog, written six stories on my own, and started a storybook webpage.  I can’t believe it!  Well, I guess it’s time to look back at what I’ve done so far!  

I’ve liked all of the stories that I have written so far this semester, but I have a favorite of course.  My favorite story was The Human Child of a Mother-Wolf.  I thought it was fun to rewrite the story and give it a darker tone.  The stories from that week were all about animals and saints, but the animals were always being helpful.  I thought it was a much more interesting idea to have the wolf help the child, but only because she saw something that she could get out of it!

Of course, my favorite stories to read so far have been the Grimm Fairy Tales that I have done for my extra readings.  I didn’t realize that several of the stories I grew up reading were actually Grimm stories! One of my favorite books as a child was The Twelve Dancing Princesses.  In fact, I still have the book in my closet at home! I loved the story and the pictures in the book, but I never thought that it was written by the Grimm brothers!

Over the semester so far, I have been doing my assignments at my desk at home or in my boss’s office at work.  A few times, thanks to the faulty wifi at work, I’ve done my assignments at Panera Bread as well.  I like to have a designated space to do my work and don’t like to have big distractions.  I can’t do my work in my living room or at the public library because I get easily distracted! I’ve tried to stay a little ahead in the class when I can, but as the semester goes on that is getting more and more difficult! I just can’t seem to stay on top of everything! Time always seemed to fly when I was working on this class's assignments though, no matter how busy I was.

I’m proud of my work in this class so far and hope that it continues to go well!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Michaela!
    I know what you mean with staying ahead and on top of things, and then before you know it, you can almost get behind! I am glad that you are enjoying this class, I am as well. It is a challenge sometimes, but not an impossible one, and then I feel good about it when I am done. I am so sorry that you are having to scramble to find a good work space. I know what you mean about getting distracted. I often wish I could find an isolation chamber to concentrate on my homework. Keep up the hard work! It will all be over before we know it!

    ReplyDelete