Monday, October 26, 2015

Reading Diary A: Hero Tales

I chose to read the Hero Tales unit for this week.  I enjoyed reading the combination of stories in the Marriage tales unit and wanted to continue that.  I like that I get a glimpse into many different tribes and how they view heroes and heroic acts.

I liked the general theme of most of the stories, as they often reminded me of my own storybook. I like stories of heroes and good deeds, as most children seem to as we are growing up.  I like some of the darker twists, like in the story of The Jealous Uncle.  The uncle has murdered his previous nephews and tries several times to kill the latest one.  However, this nephew escapes and lives, eventually returning to see his parents and end his uncle’s reign over his people. 

These stories were very interesting to read and I look forward to finishing the unit.


Alaskan Inuit Family. Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment