Thursday, October 22, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Brothers Grimm (Hunt) Unit

For this week’s extra reading diary, I read the first half of the Brothers Grimm Hunt unit.  It was a very interesting set of readings, but there was only one tale that truly interested me.  I really enjoyed reading Hansel and Grethel.  It was interesting to read the true story and not just the later renditions. 

I had never heard the part of the story that told of them returning to their house first.  I also didn’t know that it was their step mother that came up with the idea to leave them in the forest in the first place.  I really liked the way that the witch was described, particularly her keen sense of smell.


I’ve always found the tale of Hansel and Grethel intriguing and I am definitely planning on using it in my storybook. I think that it will be fun to write Charlotte into this story and just by reading it, I have already come up with several ideas.  

Hansel and Grethel. Source: Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment