Monday, November 9, 2015

Reading Diary B: King Arthur

As I continued to read the King Arthur unit, I realized something that was very entertaining.  The Knights of the Round Table whine about everything!  When things do not go their way, they bemoan their situation and whine to whoever they meet next about their misfortunes.  You would think that such brave, strong knights would have better character than that! They kind of remind me of the way that I have been writing the Grimm Brothers.  They appear to be strong and brave men, but once you break the surface, they’re rather pretentious

Not to mention, they almost all find their way with the help of a woman.  A woman appears who shows them the way that they must follow after they fall into misfortune. 


The more I read of the unit, the more connections I made to other television shows and books that I have read.  The show Merlin, which is what I titled my blog after, is somewhat similar to the tales.  A series of books by Angela Knight has all the right names, but the Knights and their ladies are vampires and witches.  Regardless, all of the renditions of these stories are amazing and I love that I finally know what is, more or less, the original story.  

Merlin Television Show. Source: Ultra Publications

No comments:

Post a Comment