Sunday, November 15, 2015

Reading Diary B: Italian Popular Tales

The second half of the Italian Popular Tales unit definitely took a turn.  The first few stories were definitely of a religious nature, compared to the other stories that I had been reading.   

An Incident in Rome was a very interesting story.  The story itself was rather simple and basic, but I loved the way in which it was written.  I wish that I had read this earlier in the semester as it would have been a lot of fun to incorporate into my storybook.

Feast Day was another simple story, but I loved the way it ended.  It listed all the things that came unfast and fell into the mouth of the next person, which ended with the reader, whom the narrator called blockheads!


Most of these stories reminded me of Grimm fairytales in one way or another.  The themes were similar and the writing styles were almost identical!

The Vatican. Source: Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment