Sunday, November 1, 2015

Reading Diary B: Canterbury Tales

Well, the second half of the Canterbury Tales unit definitely started off with a bang.  The Prioress’s Tale: Little Hugh seemed a little extra dramatic, especially in their treatment of the Jews!  Definitely seemed a little overboard for what I assume is a children’s story.  Definitely gives an insight into the general feelings towards the Jewish people of the time!

The second story, The Cock The Hen and The Fox, was odd.  Several times I thought that I had moved on to a new story, only to realize that I was still in the same one! It was an interesting read, but rather confusing at times!  I was especially confused by the two tales of the men, the one murdered and the other drowned.  I’m not entirely sure why they were included in the story!

Overall, it was an interesting unit, but definitely not one of my favorites.  They just didn’t seem to quite work for me!


 
The Canterbury Tales. Source: Simple English Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment