Sunday, August 30, 2015

Week 1 Curation

I’ve attempted to use bookmarks on my computer over the years, but I always forget about them.  I usually just type in the first couple of letters into the search bar and click the one I need!  I am going to try to use my bookmarks this semester, at the very least for this class.  It was extremely easy to create the bookmark so I’m hoping that I’ll get used to using them!

As for curation, I’ve used Pinterest for years and have just recently started using Twitter.  I absolutely love Pinterest, especially since it allows me to organize all of my interests so that I can go back and look at them.  It is such an amazing space of ideas and creations that you can definitely get sucked into it for a while. Twitter, on the other hand, is not my favorite thing.  I still haven’t quite figured out how to use it.  People seem to use it as an abbreviated Facebook, since they have a limited number of characters at their disposal.  Some people seem to get a little carried away with what they are willing to put on a public forum!

Pinterest advertisment.  Source: Flickr

2 comments:

  1. I’m obsessed with Pinterest as well! My favorite categories are the Food and Drink and DIY sections. I’ve made some pretty cool and yummy things from recipes and instructions I’ve found. As for twitter, I used it a lot when I first got it but I really don’t get on it anymore. The only time you’ll catch me using it now is when I have to make a tweet about an organization in order to get free stuff on campus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been one to use Pinterest, but I have gathered from the curation post that it must be very useful. I may have to start using it. The few times I did look at it I thought it was too much and felt overwhelmed. I am more of a twitter user. It helps me keep up with sports, music, and the news.

    ReplyDelete