Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Favorite Place: Location Not Important

My favorite place is a little different.  I grew up a military brat, so we only lived in a place for 2-4 years.  However, everywhere I lived my parents enrolled me in swim lessons and then swim team.  As such, my favorite place has always been a pool.  The cool, clear water and the smell of chlorine has always drawn me.  In fact, I am currently a lifeguard, swim instructor, and swim coach.  My favorite place to be has always been a pool, whether I am swimming laps, teaching little kids how to swim, or ensuring the safety of my patrons.  


Underwater photo of a lap pool. Source: Pixabay

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a great idea for a favorite place post, Michaela, and what a lovely image! It makes me want to go swimming right now!!!

    And listen, since you are in the Myth-Folklore class, you could focus on stories about water and people in the water (swimming, diving, etc.), or water-people like mermaids, etc. etc. You will find wonderful stories like that all over the world since it is a basic part of the environment and human culture. One of my all-time Aesop's fables is about the importance of being able to swim, for example... you might like this one! :-)
    The Drowning Man and Athena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michaela,
    I love the pool too! It is a very peaceful place to be. It is awesome that even though you moved around a lot as a child, your parents still wanted you to follow your passions in swimming. I know you prefer the pool but do you enjoy going to the lake or beach as well? Is it different for you?

    ReplyDelete